Sunday, February 7, 2016

Finding One Hat

We all wear different hats everyday in our lives. (How many blog posts on hats have you seen start like this? Probably a lot but I hope to change you view on what this really means.) I mean their is the hat when you are around you friends, and the hat when you are around your family, and the athletics hat, work hat, student hat (that hat might be different for each teacher), etc. We are constantly changing our hats hour by hour, day by day and it is exhausting. 

Let's back up a little bit. When I was starting this post I had no idea what I was going to write on concerning hats. So I took to Pinterest (I'm basic) to look for anything I could that goes with hats. I found this really bad and cheesy looking decal on a wall that said "Home is where you hang yer (yes yer) (I know it makes me uncomfortable too) hat." It struck a cord in me and goes right in with my first paragraph. 

We need to wear the same hat all the time and we need to be constant with who we are. We don't need to be hanging up a different hat at the end of each day that we have been wearing, pretending to be someone. We should be wearing a hat that is comfortable to us and that we don't have to change really quickly when we are with someone. All of our hats look different but I have learned that I appreciate a person more when they can just be themselves no matter who they are around. You don't see many who have the courage to wear the same hat everyday (in fact most would think that is out of style) but I find it refreshing. I think all I'm really trying to say is: 
Be constant in who you are. 
Be constant in who you are.
Be constant in who you are. 

3 comments:

  1. "Be constant in who you are.
    Be constant in who you are.
    Be constant in who you are."

    I love this affirmation. #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Be constant in who you are."
    Yes. Not enough people do this and everybody should. Such a valuable lesson to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. v nice. I like the side notes in the parenthesis!!!

    ReplyDelete