Sunday, February 7, 2016

Figuring out high school

Things I never figured out in high school:
-How to get thousands of followers on Instagram/Twitter. 
-How to get a boyfriend. 
-How to keep a interesting conversation up when you are just texting someone (actually my worst nightmare is for a cute boy to constantly text me) (probably why they never did, word gets around I guess).
-How to wear a new and cute outfit everyday. 
-How to make a good impression on everyone you meet.
-How to be photogenic (please leave pointers in the comments below).

Things I figured out in high school:
-Naps are essential. 
-If you look out the window and look at the mountains before you take a test or even go into school, your day will be better.
-Your mom is your best friend.
-How to say sorry, and how to forgive.
-How you need a friend that you can always talk with. 
-Their is a world outside of Lone Peak. Just because you don't find a boyfriend or a good friend here doesn't mean you can't after high school.
-You will get as much as you put into a class. 
-You are enough, you are so enough, it is unbelievable how enough you are (my favorite quote). 
-Just because one person doesn't like you, does not mean that everyone won't like you either. 
-Just because you friends don't want to go somewhere doesn't mean that you can't. 
-Don't hid your passions and what makes you happy. You will only find true friends when you show your passions and they share them or support you (I had to learn this one the hard way). 
-Be your biggest cheerleader and be happy for yourself! The world can't wait to see what you do with your life! 




The list of things I didn't figure out, I don't really care to ever learn. But the things that I have figured out I wouldn't trade for a thousand followers on Instagram or for a cute outfit. Lesson that we learn for ourselves are engrained in our mind forever and stay with us. Remember that and go figure out what really matters in high school for you. 

2 comments:

  1. Same to all of this. Big same. Strong same. (Except I'd love to learn how to be photogenic.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "You will get as much as you put into a class."

    Remind me to tell the class the story about the wise man.

    ReplyDelete